11.26.2007

Recovering...

Oh boy...











We decided to celebrate Yummy's first birthday almost a month early, because on December 24th, people are usually kinda busy. Also, we wanted to "set the tone" for the family, and make sure right from the beginning that her birthday was special, and her own, not lost in the Christmas craziness. So, we had the family over for brunch on Sunday... 14 (very nice) people, most of them (not all, some being only 2...) offering to help, and an omelet (recipe below) that wouldn't cook (of course, I had put 20 eggs instead of the 8 the recipe called, and didn't realize I should then multiply the cooking time by about 37...). But my cake came out quite cute if I may say so myself, and Yummy had a grand time with the guests.

Tasting the icing... Final decision? Yucky!




















We all agreed that kids are born with some pretty good instincts, things we don't really need to teach them: feeding, breathing, opening gifts... She had never opened one before, and mastered the task (and, most importantly, the goal!) in about 17 seconds! Quicker than it took to bake the omelet...










The last guest left at around 3h30PM, and S and I cleaned up during naptime, then crashed in front of the fireplace (first fire of the season, yay!), with glasses of scotch.

I see a caterer in my future.

The good thing to all the excitement is that my baby was so tired, she only woke up once during the night, for a bottle, and then zoom, back to sleep! The average lately has been 4-5 times...

But! We are now waking up with a smile more often than with a cry!
With her beloved and oh-so-essential-for-comfort rags:




















And she plays peekaboo in her crib...
This one cracks me up!










1 commentaire:

RamblingMother a dit…

She is adorable. Party looks like fun!!

Beverly