11.14.2007

Genius!

Before we went to China, I had read a bit about signing for babies, and liked what I found. Also, having used it with success with kids with Down syndrome in my "other" life, I could see the benefits for young children who don't have verbal language yet. I taught S a few signs, and he became the consistent parent in terms of teaching Yummy the signs for "milk" and for "more".

Well, guess what? This afternoon, as I was getting her milk ready (the girl has no patience and usually screams for the 32 seconds it takes...), Yummy clearly squeezed her fist at the bottle!!! AND, I've also seen attemps at "more", with a big smile, especially when I ask her if she wants more chicken, her favorite food.

10 and a half months, 19 and a half pound of genius! :o)

Aucun commentaire: