8.20.2007

In awe...

Last Friday, I met with a very special mom who gave me a stroller that her (absolutely gorgeous) daughters didn't need anymore. It was one of those encounters that stay with you for a long long time...

I knew from the beginning that this adoption adventure would definitely be the path less travelled. I knew this whole process would bring a child into our lives. I could have never guessed that it would bring me so much more than that, I didn't know was how amazingly special the people I would meet on that path would be. I am in absolute awe about all the adoptive parents I've talked to, written to, met and, for some, had lots of wine with... I'm in awe of their generosity, of their kindness, of their support, of how caring and helpful and open they have been. Just in awe...

I mean, adoption is a pretty intimate thing to discuss, especially the reasons leading up to it. And yet, last Friday afternoon, it was so easy to talk about it all with someone who a half hour before was still a stranger... It was safe, it was recognized, it was accepted for what it is. Connections like that one have happened quite a few times since we started the process, and I have received them as priceless gifts.

Like just about any adoptive parent from China, I've read about the red thread legend. I don't really believe in it, I think it's much more that a thread: it's a whole big pile of red wool!

To all of you who have written, who I have met, who have shared and received and given and offered time, help, support and goodies: thank you! You all have made a big difference in my life, and hopefully helped me become a better person myself. Please take this personally, because that's exactly how I mean it.

(And D, your daughters are lucky too! ;o)

Aucun commentaire: